4. “Personal data” is a phrase that has a very specific meaning under the Act. Whenever we use the phrases “personal data”, “information”, or “information about you”, in this Policy, we are referring to “personal data” as it is defined in the Act.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
5. We will collect and process the following data about you:
6. Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding or communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search our site, upload or post content or send messages on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, location, e-mail address, personal description and/or image, and preferred genres of music.
7. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
7.1. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
7.2. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any email address used to contact our help desk.
8. Information we receive from other sources. This is information we may receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide (in which case we will have informed you when we collected that data that we were doing so, and as to how we were going to process it, and for what purposes, and will have obtained your consent to do so), or from other third parties who could pass information about you to us (in which case, if they collected the information from you, then they should have informed you at the time as to what information they were collecting, how they were going to process it, and for what purposes, and should have obtained your consent to do so). We currently anticipate that from time to time we may need to work closely with such third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, analytics providers, and search information providers), and it is possible that we may receive such information from them. If we do, then we will treat it in the same way as any other information about you that you give to us directly or that we collect from you through your use of our site.
USES THAT WE MAY MAKE OF INFORMATION
10. We use information held about you in the following ways:
10.1. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
10.1.1. to carry out our obligations to you that may arise under or from any agreements that we may enter into with you;
10.1.2. to communicate with you from time to time (for example, to notify you about changes to our site or services and/or to your user account), and to provide you with any information and/or services that you may request from us;
10.1.3. to help us to assist you to use our site and services, and to help us to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
10.2. Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
10.2.1. to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
10.2.2. to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
10.2.3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
10.2.4. as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
10.2.5. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
10.3. Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
OTHER PERMITTED DISCLOSURES/USES OF INFORMATION
11. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
11.1. Any member/s of our group (if any), which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
11.2. Selected third parties including:
11.2.1. business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any agreement that we may enter into with you.
11.2.2. analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
12. You also agree that we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following situations:
12.1. In the event that we are planning to sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data in confidence to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, in order to enable us and the prospective seller or buyer to carry out any necessary or reasonable due diligence.
12.2. In the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the assets of ours that are being acquired and that we are entitled to transfer may include personal data held by us about our users/customers.
12.3. In the event that we are obliged to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and/or any other agreements, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of any of our employees, any other users of our site, suppliers, or of anyone else. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of the prevention of crime (including money laundering), fraud protection, and/or credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
13. All information provided to or collected by us is stored by us either on our own secure servers or on servers operated by suppliers who are contractually obligated to us to keep that information secure.
15. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site in all circumstances, and for this reason, any transmission that you make or take part in is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
16. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, including our own employees. No-one should ask you for your password, and none of our employees are authorised to do so, nor would we ask them to do so.
17. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
18. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, or for any content on those other sites at all. Please check their privacy policies before you submit any personal data to any third party websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
19. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to cover some of the cost that we will incur in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We reserve the right, in cases where we think it appropriate to do so (and if and to the extent that we are lawfully entitled to do so in any given case), to refuse to respond to such requests, whether in whole or in part,.
21. We are (and all references to “us”, “we”, and “our” throughout these terms are references to):
Manus App Limited
(a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company reg. no.10517144)
Registered company address:
470a Green Lanes, London, England, N13 5PA
VAT Registration Number 340 8991 79
To contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
last updated: 08 April 2021